Career counselling is a process where a trained and qualified professional helps an individual choose, change, or leave a career path. In today’s era, making well-informed choices via career counselling is essential when it comes to planning a rewarding career.
Several factors such as interests, skill sets, personality traits, resources available influence come into play while deciding a career path. Considering all of these in the initial stage ensures higher chances of success and an increased ability to deal with hurdles that may come in the path of one’s career trajectory. Career Counselling allows you to assess all of these dimensions before choosing and diving deep into a potential career.
Who are Career Counsellors?
A career counselor is a professional trained to help individuals make the right career choices. Career counselors go through authentic training and certification to ensure that the best quality services are provided to the clients. It is essential to make sure that you are taking sessions from a certified career counselor while browsing through the options available to you. Career counselors are trained to conduct career assessments that help them understand their clients in detail and help them build a robust career.
Who can Take Help from Career Counsellors?
A career counselor can help both students who are just starting in their careers and individuals who have advanced in their careers but wish to either change it or make significant changes.
Career counseling can help students from class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th. It is also instrumental for undergraduate and postgraduate students to map out their career path in an effective way.
What to Expect from Career Counselling?
In this section, we will see what to expect from career counseling. Your career counselor will help you with the following things:
- A career counselor will help you to explore yourself more. They can help you to find who you are and what do you find happiness and satisfaction in when it comes to work/career
- Your career counselor is a non-judgemental person who will listen to you about your several educational choices and confusion. A career counselor is an expert who can help you when you feel confused about your choices
- Will help you identify your interests, areas of life that you are passionate about, the level of skills you have, and several more factors. They can guide you to explore the areas in your life, which are potential career paths you will excel in.
- Career counselors also help you locate and gather resources for the chosen career path. They can aid you with credible research and information, which will help you make a better decision.
- After all of the steps are taken, career counselors can help you make the next step towards your goal. This can include helping you with your college admissions, finding appropriate jobs, preparing for essential interviews, and others.
With a career counselor by your side, you will be able to make better decisions since they are experts, and their training will help you make a decision you are 100% sure about and brings you the best results.
What is the Process of Career Counselling?
We at Here to Hear follow a particular process for all career counseling sessions. Our method of every session is explained in the steps given below:
- Online Assessment: The first step of our process is an Artificial Intelligence-based online career assessment. This assessment is essential to measure the client’s interests, personality traits, and other factors
- Assessment Analysis: Once this assessment is done, the career counselor analyses the results of the same to plan a session with the student
- Career Mapping: This step is done along with the assessment analysis. It is done based on the reports of the assessments. The career counselor maps out the best options for the clients based on the results of the assessments at this stage of the career counseling process
Personal Counselling Sessions
- A counselling session with the Student: Once the career mapping is done by the counselor, a session is scheduled with the client. In this session, the counselor and the student discuss the career maps prepared by the counselor and what appeals to the student more and what is more feasible in the options made available to them.
- A counseling session along with Parents: In the case of school students, a meeting is scheduled separately with the parents. This is essential to discuss the resources available to the parents and if they are in alignment with the career option mapped out by the career counselor.
Once this process ends, the client is ready with a robust career path mapped out for the next step of their career. Career counselors at Here to Hear make sure that the clients have a satisfying career path by the end of this process.
Why Choose Here to Hear for Career Counselling?
Here are a few reasons why you should choose Here to Hear for your career counseling sessions:
- Certified Career Counsellors: At Here to Hear, we have highly qualified and trained career counselors which ensures the best services for our clients
- Professional Approach: We have a professional approach towards our clients, so we ensure the best services and communication from our end.
- Comprehensive Report: When you take up our online career assessment, we provide you with a detailed report of the same. This helps you to have a better understanding of you and your choices.
- Continuous Support: We ensure constant support and communication when it comes to our sessions. The time is taken between the initial assessment and the personal counseling session; we regularly update you about the progress being made and keep you in the loop about the solutions the career counselor maps out.
- Cost-Effective Solutions: At Here to Hear, we ensure cost-effective solutions for our clients. We come up with economical packages which makes our services more accessible and accommodating.
With these reasons in mind, take a step towards your better future and book your session with our career counselors now!